SOUTHERN MARYLAND MARTIAL ARTS & FITNESS COVID-19 RESPONSE & OPERATING PROCEDURES
Date of Opening: 6/19/2020, 5PM
We have taken the time and invested in resources to provide a conducive response by way of these dedicated actions implemented to maintain a safe environment for business operations while we live through the COVID-19 pandemic and the Maryland Roadmap to Recovery program. We are extremely confident through workforce monitoring as well as employee & customer cooperation, we can continue to prevent the spread of COVID-19, while successfully contributing to the opening of our economy in a safe manner.
We take the pandemic seriously, even though we are permitted to reopen our business. Because of this, we will continue to live stream each martial arts class and group exercise class and make available online through our website to ensure the safety of customers, employees, and guests. This capability allows the continued training and physical activity for our customers and prospects that might not feel comfortable coming back into the facility just yet, but also those who are high risk for the infection.
• Southern Maryland Martial Arts & Fitness will provide masks for employees to wear during their time at the business, and make it a mandatory requirement to wear masks while on the work site, except to the extent an employee is using break time to eat or drink, in accordance with the guidance from the Department of Health and the CDC. We, as the employer, may approve masks obtained or made by employees in accordance with Department of Health guidance.
• MASKS FOR CUSTOMERS/GUESTS: In accordance with the Charles County Health Department and CDC guidelines, “Guests should wear face coverings when entering or exiting the facility and when interacting with employees or other guests. When exercising, guests are encouraged to wear face coverings IF ABLE TO DO SO SAFELY. If wearing a face covering safely is not possible, guests should increase the distance between themselves and other guests as much as possible.” Because of the nature of exercising, it may compromise a person’s ability to have proper oxygen exchange and can cause respiratory distress in some. (However, individuals who cannot wear a mask due to a medical condition (including children under the age of 2 years per CDC guidance) may enter the premises and are not required to provide documentation of such medical condition.)
• Employees/guests are instructed to cover coughs and sneezes with elbows and dispose of soiled products immediately after use.
• Employees/guests should adhere to social distancing and equipment sanitizing signs visible throughout the building and respectfully wipe down all equipment/machines before and after each use with our approved PureGreen 24 disinfectant and sanitation spray available throughout the facility.
• Be mindful we are operating at the 50% capacity rule and ensure that treadmills and ellipticals are in use only by every other machine, when possible. While they are distanced apart appropriately, this will only allow you and other customers to feel safe and protected.
OTHER WELLNESS MITIGATION AND TEMPERATURE SCREENING FOR GYM MEMBERS AND TAEKWONDO MEMBERS
While we have implemented temperature checks for all employees at the beginning and end of their shift, which is reported daily; we are doing the same for our customers/guests. We have proudly invested in this safety measure to protect you, our employees, the children in our facility and all other members/guests.
OTHER WELLNESS MITIGATION AND TEMPERATURE SCREENING FOR GYM CHILDCARE & SUMMER CAMP:
In accordance with CDC guidelines, Child care facilities are to adhere to social distancing and facial covering for children 2 and over.
CHILDREN MUST ALSO HAVE TEMPERATURE CHECK UPON ENTERING THE FACILITY AND LEAVING THE FACILITY DOCUMENTED IN THEIR ACCOUNT WITH THE DATE & TIME.
Rooms are to not exceed 15 students, per classroom, per the executive order of our Maryland Governor in response to the Maryland Road to Recovery roadmap on June 10th, 2020.
Summer Camp will being Monday, June 22nd from 7:00am to 5:30pm. Registration is very limited, so please reserve/register today through our website.
VIRTUAL TRAINING/CLASSES: All martial arts classes and group exercise classes will be live streamed and available through our website, powered by ZOOM. Members will have access to this amenity. We wanted to continue to provide virtual options to you should you not feel comfortable in a public environment or should you be high risk for exposure. We want to reach everyone during this time, so please know that coming into our facility is NOT the only option. We are dedicated to keep you active and health throughout this time.
BILLING: All recurring billing will resume 6/20/2020.
AS ALWAYS, Thank you for being dedicated members and part of the SMMA Family. We cannot wait to SEE you!